This weeks theme courtesy of The Broke and the Bookish is Top Nine Things I Like or Dislike on Book Covers.
The Things I don’t like:
1. Just the Title. It irks me when I see creative personnel not experimenting with their creativity and just smack the name of the book on the cover.
2. Book covers with the a girl in a ballroom gown. There are so many of them and I think are these books all alike too? I think this technique is overdue to disappear.
3. Erotica. Yuck! Get a room!
4. A Pet on the Cover and the dog is seen only once or twice in the book.
Trends I Like:
1. Books. I’m a sucker for books with pictures of books or cozy bookstores on the cover.
2. Love landscapes.
3. If the cover has a dog on it, I’m going to buy it. Can’t help it, I just love dogs. But if the dog’s not a character I may get very upset and never buy that author’s books again.
5. Books with food on the cover. But there better be good recipes inside.