After personally experiencing the authority and power of Jesus as He spoke peace to a raging sea, the disciples were left sitting in the stillness, wet from the rain and wondering:
“Who is this man?” they asked. “Even the winds and waves obey him!” –Matthew 8:27 (NLT)
Over and again the Bible answers this amazing question by giving us glimpses of the character of Jesus through the names and descriptions we find of Him.
Here is a list of 100 Names of Jesus we find in the pages of the Bible. You can find the verses and study the context of each name by accessing the Logos Online Bible.
- Advocate (1 John 2:1)
- Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18)
- Alpha and Omega (Rev. 1:8; 22:13)
- Amen (Rev. 3:14)
- Apostle of our Profession (Heb. 3:1)
- Atoning Sacrifice for our Sins (1 John 2:2)
- Author of Life (Acts 3:15)
- Author and Perfecter of our…
View original post 550 more words